confessions of a struggling poet

twenty-eight


this poem is dedicated to myself. to the failures i have let myself slip into recently. to the pain it has caused me.

tell me something i don't know

tell me something i don't know

that there has been a typhoon that made prices rise
that claimed a lot of lives.

the president gave a flashy speech
but the stupid public yells "IMPEACH"

rebels are captured and thrown in jail
all the public does is wail.

the church withdraws support
they tell everyone the government lacks rapport

tell me something i don't know

every night,

i keep reading...
but the pictures like TV images go running...
my grades slowly slipping...

songs leave me heartbroken
self-esteem sunken.

on a downward spiral.

i cry alone.

my solace...

i confide and cry with far away friends...

i am thrown into a vortex not knowing.
forever questioning.

the what ares and what ifs...

tell me something i don't know

i am broke.
i have failed miserably.
i am confused.
i am inadequately done.
i am in tears.

tell me something i don't know.

i am alive.
i am not alone.
i am surrounded by my friends.
i am capable of waking up tomorrow.

--------->
no comment.

0 Comments:

<< Home