confessions of a struggling poet

twenty-seven


this poem is called resurrection.

it is dedicated to the people i've loved and hated.

yesterday i died
i died because i was stabbed in the back, front and in the sides
i died because there was nothing and no one to live for.
i died because you took my pride, my love and my pedestal

away from me

yesterday i crawled
all bloody and fetid. the flies swarmed at my heart...
rotting and shredded.

i placed my heart on my palm...
ate it.

*crane was right.. the human heart is bitter.
it becomes bitter as soon as it ceases to love.

that night i cried.
because i envied you, you almost perfect puppet
because i loved you, you demented loveless pig
because i was subject to your torment, you ignorant witch
because i killed my own self... subjected myself to insult

my heart stopped. but i was still moving

but the blood in me didn't run out
my hair didn't fall out
and my tears stopped streaming down

and maybe it happened because fate still wanted me

and destiny... kept me alive all along.

today, i rode a phonenix
she was warm
and she embraced me

she told me:
"do not insult my admiration for you,
i have loved you for so long
but i had to wait before your past died with you.
you... have just been reborn"

i clutched her warm feathers and told her:
"i have waited for you so long..."

then, i felt my skin burn. my wounds healing.

she told me:
"my name is hope."



------------->
wahooooo! a poem! a poem!

0 Comments:

<< Home