confessions of a struggling poet

four

dear blog...
i am so sorry for being a negligent prick. i promise you, that i will twist all the folds in my brain to write you beautiful poems that you can proudly boast of, everyday...


--kangy

here are some "flowers" to "appease" "you"
...

i never should have let all those shallow things get to me.

i am home. :)

here is post four...

-for K :) .now i write

mirror image
by:kang

this weak hand forgot to scribble,
this weak hand.
this lifeless hand,
lost its vivacity.
this plain hand,
this tired hand
skin on the sides bitten by
nervous, stressed teeth-
bloodied, bruised and rough.

i look at this ignorant hand
and tell myself...
what have i been doing?

can all those things change this
world-
that forgot how to smile?
that is bloody,
like my hands?
tired and calloused.

i look at my hands in a mirror.
i put my hands on the cool, glassy surface of the mirror.
and remember your hands.
tired,
bloodied.
like mine.

like mine.

thank you, kuya k for making me want to make my blog... "work" again :D 'hope you liked the poem!!!

0 Comments:

<< Home