confessions of a struggling poet

a guest post! very good!

this poem is from a friend of mine who loves poetry too. if you would like to send poems to me, you people can e-mail me at kangcanwrite@yahoo.com... and please do comment!

this entry was untitled so i'll be copying it verbatim!

There is no goodbye
For you and I.
No departure;
No such thing as a farewell kiss
Nor a parting embrace.



There is only a melody,
Somber
As the sea at dusk;
Whimpering,
Fading,
Rising,
Only to die again
In the arms of daylight.

There is only a melody,
Distant
As the jewels of the night;
Bellowing,
Echoing,
Rasping
Recollections
Of evenings better and bitter.
There is only a melody,
Elusive
As fireflies,
Furtive
As spies,
Wily
As lies.

There can be no goodbye
Between you and I
Only a waltz
To which we cannot dance



>>>> ain't the poem pur-tee???!!! ^^;; made me wish i could write like that too :D

0 Comments:

<< Home